В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к аудированию на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем аудирование из шестого билета (Скрипт 24, страница 93-94).
Вопросы к аудированию About Sherlock Holmes. Script 24
1. Why did Arthur Conan Doyle stop writing stories about Sherlock Holmes?
2. What worried Mr Horowitz before starting a book?
3. Why was writing the book about Sherlock Holmes easier than Mr Horowitz thought?
Варианты ответов к аудированию About Sherlock Holmes. Script 24
1. According to the recording he decided to get rid of Sherlock when writing the stories took up too much of his time. As we know he lead an active social life: took part in some war, wanted to become a politician to bring in laws to defend the poor. He is best know for his stories about Sherlock Holmes, but he wrote other books, for instance, the lost world. I think he was tired of writing about the same characters so he did one in.
2. He didn’t want to disappoint the people who love the original books of Conan Doyle. Writing a book is not easy, trying to stand in for another writer is more difficult. Wanting to pass off as a writer with a unique style is almost impossible. However, Mr Horowitz flew with colours.
3. I suppose that being a fan of some writer means reading and rereading his books. At some moment a fan starts thinking like his favourite character. He got used to his peculiarities. The literary hero becomes part of the fan’s individuality. That is why, imitating becomes a little bit easier.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к аудированию About Sherlock Holmes. В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. Conan Doyle killed his most famous literary hero, Sherlock Holmes, when writing these stories was taking up too much time.
2. He didn’t want to disappoint those who love the original books.
3. He has always loved those books, He’s read them two or three times during his life.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на аудирование About Sherlock Holmes?