В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к текстам для чтения на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем текст из десятого билета Do very clever children need help?
Вопросы к тексту Do very clever children need help?
1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. Ruth Lawrence was a gifted child. Read aloud the extract which says about her.
3. What kind of problems can wonderkids have?
4. What should parents and teachers do for their gifted children?
Варианты ответов к тексту Do very clever children need help?
1. The text speaks about a curios topic: clever children and their problems. They are thought to have no problems at all, but it is not the fact. Clever children have more problems than less gifted. The problems of the former are bigger than those of the latter. The more clever a person is, the less trivial his problems are. Not trivial problems call for unusual solutions which are not easy to come up with.
2. Ruth Lawrence, from the UK, became famous at the age of 12, when she began her studies at Oxford University. She was the youngest student ever to attend a university in the UK. Before going to university, Ruth was taught at home by her father. While she was a student, her father was always by her side. He attended all her lectures with her. Ruth did very well at Oxford. She got a first class degree in mathematics. Now Ruth is a mathematics professor.
3. Wonderkids are extremely sensitive to any form of criticism so they easily get frustrated. They don’t think highly about their achievements and abilities. They need extra care and some guidance to help them to boost their abilities and achieve good results.
4. Gifted people are not easy to deal with. One day they are confident about being ingenious, another day they are dubious if they are up to scratch. You had better be on the alert as they are impossible to predict. Think twice before acting or saying a word. There are no ready made solutions and recipes.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к тексту Do very clever children need help? В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. This text is about gifted children and problems they and their teachers and parents could have.
3. Such children may behave badly in class because they are bored. These children need to be motivated as they understand faster than their classmates. If parents push them hard, they may have serious problems in life later.
4. Parents and teachers have to take some important and difficult decisions. They have to help such children develop as they naturally feel different.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на текст Do very clever children need help?
Опубликовано: Июль 4, 2016
Редактировалось: Июль 4, 2016