Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. It is no [use/good] trying again. We can’t stand a chance.
2. It didn’t [ catch ] my interest at first. It took some time to grow on me.
3. He had nothing on [except] for socks and a tie.
4. Keep a watchful [ eye ] on the weather before you set out.
5. He is widely known as a(n) [skillful] physician. SKILL
6. I’m longing [ f o r ] news of him. I haven’t heard much from him recently.
7. He took her [for] his ex-wife. No wonder they were twins.
8. Did you behave [yourself] at school? You seemed to be up to.
9. A high fence [encircles] the mansion. CIRCLE
10. The hotel offers a discount for pupils as [ well ].
11. He was wearing [outworn] clothes and lived on very little money. WEAR
12. More help is needed for those on [ low ] incomes.
13. There has been a lot of [controversy] about the use of these drugs. It is a delicate issue.
14. It [ cost ] me the earth and I had to take out a loan.
15. His [treacherous] actions contributed to the country’s downfall. TRAITOR
16. He hit the [ roof ] after he had lost the game against her.
17. We’re [moving] house next month as we will get a new job in another neighbourhood soon.
18. He was very enthusiastic which [ made ] the situation worse.
19. The company failed to [ make ] a profit and they went bankrupt.
20. The wounded suffered a massive [ loss ] of blood. LOSE
21. Most of us were in [ full ] agreement and ready for action.
22. Local [unskilled] workers went on strike demanding for pay risings. SKILL
23. We arranged for the [ removal ] of the old car. REMOVE
Опубликовано: Февраль 22, 2017
Редактировалось: Февраль 22, 2017