Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. They managed to make the ends meet [thanks] to her financial ingenuity.
2. Jim had never been abroad so he decided to [take] out insurance to cover most accidents.
3. When the temperatures [come] to 40 C we will have a break until then we will be keeping up the current speed.
4. Lots of chemical reactions are [reversible] if you mind what you are going to do. REVERSE
5. The hotel had a(n) [scenic] view of the pond. SCENE
6. I suppose I need some time to think about the problem. I can’t tell you at a(n) [glance] what caused it.
7. I am not sure they realise the [enormity] of the problem they will have to tackle. ENORMOUS
8. My hair is so [messy]. I need to have it cut. MESS
9. The weather is rather [unpredictable] this period of the year. It may change every minute. PREDICT
10. Nobody likes [overworking]. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. WORK
11. While travelling abroad, take [preventive] measures not to run up against any problems. PREVENT
12. My trip to Warsaw cost me a [total] of 200$ which was not too much.
13. We were [about] to go away when he turned profoundly apologising for being late.
14. He has been the best [defensive] player on the team ever since we got to the premiere league. DEFENCE
15. Trusting [misleading] data is a perfect recipe for a disaster. LEAD
16. Being [studious] alone will not be enough to succeed in fine arts. STUDY
17. The fog was beginning to [thicken] so they had a rest waiting for it to clear up. THICK
18. He was absent [from] work for a score of days.
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут. Продолжение серии читайте здесь.
Опубликовано: Март 3, 2017
Редактировалось: Март 3, 2017