Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. They always [place] great importance on following rules and instructions.
2. There [were] a number of people on the street demanding for a word with the officials. The exact number of whom is unknown.
3. Ann failed to do the task on time and she immediately got the [sack].
4. The [maintenance] cost was extremely high that was why we sold the country house. MAINTAIN
5. Do something! Unless you [take] action it will be too late to act then.
6. A(n) [significant] number of pupils fail to do their home tasks from time to time. SIGNIFY
7. The number of people who went to the meeting [was] said to have been around ten thousand people.
8. The results of the election were [surprising] which led to social riots and unrest. SURPRISE
9. Whereas all her relatives were wool [traders] she wanted to become a singer. TRADE
10. The castle was on the rocky island and it was [accessible] by air. ACCESS
11. She didn’t [catch] my eye at first as she said little and smiled all the evening.
12. At fires they were [victorious] but in the end they had to admit their defeat. VICTORY
13. He kept a(n) [eye] on the people at the corner of the street pretending to be busy with something important.
14. His proposal borders [on] the ridiculous so we turned it down.
15. He grew up in a(n) [coastal] town in France. COAST
16. The document turned out to be [genuine] as we didn’t detect any signs of surgery. GENUS
17. He promised to [spare] a thought for it and give her a helping hand later.
18. A few decades ago, home computers were [virtually/practically] unknown to most people.
19. The [futuristic] design of the building put me off it at once. FUTURE
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами. Продолжение серии читайте здесь.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут.