Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. She refused to read from the screen so I made a [printout]. PRINT
2. Meteorites are rocks from [outer] space may pose some threat to our orbital satellites.
3. Were I the [screenwriter] I would have written another scenario for the film.
4. You have a good head [for] math, you will make a good economist.
5. Chemistry is her [pet] subject. She seems to know everything about it.
6. A/an [lengthy] period of special training is really necessary. LONG
7. I need some time to think it over I don’t have a [ready-made] solution to this problem. READY
8. She was not the love [of] his life but he treated her with special affection.
9. The local doctor couldn’t bring her [round] so the called an ambulance.
10. After a hard day at work they decided to turn [in] early since they were too tired to do anything else but sleep.
11. She was shy that was why she used her [pen-name] to publish her stories. PEN
12. He was proud to get a(n) [first] class mail form his colleague.
13. She often refers to birds as “our [feathered] friends”. FEATHER
14. Jane had a strange affection [for] medieval music.
15. I’m as fit as a [fiddle] — with energy to spare and the desire to make my name.
16. Unless you have [extensive] experience you will fail to be a good specialist. EXTEND
17. This place is the [architectural] heritage of our country. ARCHITECT
18. They claimed that it was me who had done that. But that was not the [case].
19. I detest him for looking down on the [lower] classes. Your background is a start not a finishing point of your career
20. He took a few daffodils from the flower [bed] and went into the house.
21. All his life he fought against [inequality] and discrimination. EQUAL
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут.Продолжение серии доступно по ссылке.