Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. You should replace your faulty TV [receiver] with a better one. RECEIVE
2. She has always been mad about [designer] goods. DESIGN
3. You can return your hat only if you have the [receipt]. RECEIVE
4. He was a quiet [astronomer] and he usually avoided public places. ASTRONOMY
5. They worked for a big [construction] company then. CONSTRUCT
6. His [greatness] as a teacher is exaggerated. GREAT
7. She [A] her pupils to come on time and be ready for all lessons. Otherwise she never lets anyone off.
A)requires B)supposes C)assumes D)expects
8. The last survey [B] that most students had lost interest in becoming lawyers.
A)announced B)revealed C)exhibited D)displayed
9. Some specialists [C] that the problem can be solved in this way.
A)quarrel B)discuss C)debate D)argue
10. On the [C], the day was not so bad.
A)sum B)main C)whole D)general
11. He played a key role in [A] up the company.
A)building B)growing C)spreading D)developing
12. I’ve [D] chocolate completely.
A)thrown away B)switched off C)looked over D)cut out
13.The local radio station is [ on ] air from 10.00 a.m.
14. There wasn’t enough space to [A] the files.
A)accommodate B)provide C)use D)involve
15. She did well enough [academically] to be accepted at many universities. ACADEMIC
16. Being [inattentive] like this leads to further problems. ATTEND
17. Working with children has [C] his life new meaning.
A)set B)made C)given D)put
18. They lived in a remote [C] of Siberia, miles from the nearest town.
A)side B)edge C)corner D)surface
19. Although his teaching skills were limited, he was a great [entertainer]. ENTERTAIN
20. The problem is quite serious. It is high [time] we did something about it.
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут. Продолжение читайте здесь.