Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. He spent endless nights trying to (D ) a new way of dealing with this problem.
A)discover B)create C)make up D)invent
2. Did you (D ) the table? Will it fit the room?
A)count B)add C)calculate D)measure
3. He always read newspapers in the morning to know what is going in the country.
He always read newspapers in the morning (to catch up on the latest ) news.
4.If you behave like this, I will call the police.
If you (go on behaving in this ) way, I will call the police.
5.She used to live on the (A ) of the capital of the country.
A)outskirts B)suburbs C)region D)surroundings
6. He load all his possessions into a(n) (C ) and made off.
A)scooter B)moped C)van D)bus
7. The lesson started (B ) at 8 o’clock.
A)timely B)punctually C)accurately D)directly
8. It is time we did something to protect (C ) nature and the environment.
A)a B)our C)- D)the
9. Though she made only a brief (B ) in the movie, critics liked her very much.
A)showing B)appearance C)visit D)entrance
10.Jim was not a (C ) pupil and hated teachers’ pets.
A)working B)hard C)model D)major
11. It seems to me that all your problems are (C ). You are doing well at school.
A)imaginative B)creative C)imaginary D)fantastic
12. Our journey will include Paris and Rome.
Our journey (will take up/in ) Paris and Rome.
13.One more time I explained to them what to do.
Once again I (went over/through what they ) needed to do.
14. The place was in (C ) and they had to head for another place.
A)pieces B)mess C)ruins D)destruction
15. I want to know all the facts. Don’t (B ) anything back.
A)take B)hold C)get D)cut
16. Relax! You look so (D ) and worried.
A)insensitive B)tough C)stocky D)tense
17. She has (B ) on a little and needs some help.
A)had B)got C)gone D)put
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут.