Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. We’re going [up] to Scotland next month.
2. I didn’t know what he was going [on about]. It didn’t make any sense at all.
3. Ann went [through] every grammar book she could find in the library.
4. She used all her powers of [persuasion] to get him to try it one more time. PERSUADE
5. He is quite famous in the [B] of music.
A)job B)field C)position D)place
6. in the end the palace was [C] over from its original hostess.
A)brought B)come C)taken D)fetched
7. The movie is about the [A] lives of ordinary people.
A)everyday B)today C)usual D)nowadays
8.Her boss came [C] from Italy when he was in his late forties.
A)along B)to C)over D)round
9.It’s not fair. You shouldn’t have gone [back on] your promises.
10. He is so determined to achieve his goal that nothing seems to hold him [back]
11. This tune gets me [back] to the old times when I was full of hopes and expectations.
12. Luck and willingness to work hard often [go] together.
13. She pretends to [A] little interest in my work.
A)take B)find C)see D)get
14. If we don’t [cut] back on our expenses, we will be in the red by the end of the month.
15. But for his prompt response [to] them, we would have had trouble with the landlady.
16. It is a difficult task but we will bring it [off] sooner or later.
17. Peel the cucumbers, then cut them [up] into pieces.
18. [A] a number from one to five and I will try to guess it.
A)Pick B)Spot C)Discover D)Check
19. A [A] for the airline said that there might be any further delays.
A)spokesperson B)speaker C)commentator D)presenter
20. The servant bowed and [B] over the letter.
A)gave B)handed C)took D)got
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут.