Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. — Who is in your team? — It is [made] up of all my friends.
2. How did you managed not to take part in that match? — I [made] up I was unwell.
3. The men had made [off] before the police arrived.
4. They asked him various questions from education to [background]. BACK
5. Do [up] or you will get ill. The weather is chilly and windy.
6. There is something strange going at work. I don’t know what to [make] of it.
7. He [B] at her in disbelief.
A)glimpsed B)gazed C)watched D)noticed
8.It’s really a difficult job — it might [C] take a year to finish it.
A)in spite B)despite C)even D)though
9.He was sitting in a [B] of shade under a tree.
A)part B)patch C)piece D)blade
10. He had to borrow money to pay off his [gambling] debts. GAMBLE
11. It didn’t take long for news of his failure to get [around].
12. I regret to say that we are going to break [off] our previous arrangement.
13. She will hardly make a good teacher as she can’t [get] her ideas across.
14. I am sure that with the talent like hers she will [get] ahead.
15. What is the Russian [for] a dog?
16. Next month we are going to put [on] a new play.
17. The final match kicks [off] at 6 pm tomorrow. Don’t miss it.
18. He played [up] at school so he got kicked [out] from it.
19.Jane was sending [up] the teacher when she entered the classroom.
20.My club was home on Saturday and we were to play [away] on Sunday.
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут.