Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1.No one [D] up to breaking the door.
A)admitted B)confessed C)told D)owned
2.Winds tomorrow will be [A] so everything will be o.k.
A)light B)fine C)thin D)calm
3.The country has a simple but [effective] system of education. EFFECT
4.Advertising techniques are getting [increasingly] complicated. INCREASE
5.The best [rate] of interest the banks may offer is above 20 per cent.
6.You will not full him. He is as cunning as a(n) [fox].
7.[A] are not allowed to use a calculator in this exam.
A)Candidates B)Participants C)Competitors D)Takers
8.Is there a golf [A] in your neighbourhood?
A)course B)court C)field D)pitch
9.You shouldn’t try doing it. It is better to be [D] than sorry.
A)sure B)secure C)safe D)sound
10.You had better ask Jim for help with it.
You should [get Jim help] with it.
11.I have never seen such an amusing cartoon.
This is [by far the most amusing] cartoon I have ever seen.
12.There are many young, [inexperienced] players on the team. EXPERIENCE
13. I hope we are about to win the final match.
I hope we [are on the verge of winning] the final match
14. This rare textbook would be [inaccessible] to the majority of students. ACCESS
15. They notified the local police of the girl’s [disappearance]. APPEAR
16. Most reports are produced on a word [processor]. Handwritten ones should be printed out. PROCESS
17. He was full of [impractical] plans and foolish ideas. PRACTICE
18. A small group of local people waited [on] the pavement outside the house.
19.You can ask the others, but as [for] myself, I’ll be busy with another project.
20. Owing to [B] weather conditions, we had to resume our journey.
A)strict B)severe C)strong D)heavy
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут. Продолжение вы найдете по ссылке.
Last edited: Tomorrow