Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. Jack lost his job and his marriage broke (up).
2. That’s it! Helen and I are (through). We don’t see much of each other.
3. A well-paid job is hard to come (by) nowadays.
4. You can work (up) a really big appetite playing tennis.
5. The factory is said to turn (out) 500 cars per day.
6. You are always falling (out with) people. You had better be nice to them.
7. I’m afraid we are (in for) a bit of a failure and disgrace.
8. After a few hours my patience gave (out).
9. They didn’t carry (out) his threat to take legal action
10. He’s always running others (down). He is a real snob.
11. Mary broke (down) in tears when she heard about the tragic event.
12. I always go (about with) my friends at the weekends.
13. Don’t worry, I can see myself (out). I will never visit your house again.
14. I turned down their proposal as I wasn’t sure if I could carry it (off).
15. She had a lot to do so she was (up) all night long, trying to get everything done.
16. They broke (off) diplomatic relations with the neighbouring kingdom.
17. Food supplies aren’t expected to hold (out) much longer.
18. Kate has no relatives to fall (back on). Nobody could help her.
19. Hurry up, it’s getting (on) and we ought to go home.
20. If you’re lucky, you’ll get (off with) a fine.
Last edited: Tomorrow