В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к текстам для чтения на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем текст из четырнадцатого билета Shopping in London.
Вопросы к тексту Shopping in London
1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. The author describes some department stores that are popular with shoppers. Find this extract and read it aloud.
3. What does John like about shopping?
4. Why is Greenwich interesting to visit?
Варианты ответов к тексту Shopping in London
1. Do you like shopping? Don’t you know where to shop in London? This text is for you. It will give you some taste of shopping in London. You will know more about places to go shopping there. Though the text is not a definitive guide to shopping places in London, it is rather informative.
2. Some people like shopping in department stores, the most famous one in London is ‘Harrods’, but for me, it’s not modern enough and too expensive, the sort of place your parents shop. But just down the road is ‘Harvey Nics’, much more up-to-date, but not cheap. The best of all the big department stores is ‘Selfridges’ in Oxford Street, it’s a shopper’s paradise, nice clothes, and the prices. Well I can look, can’t I?
3. Like everyone else, he likes things which are good value for money. Everyone likes it, don’t they? He prefers places where you have a wide range of things of high quality at affordable prices. Remember variety is the spice of life.
4. To begin with, Greenwich is a world heritage site. It has a lot to offer ranging from the ‘Cutty Sark’, the ship, to the meridian line. There are so many things to do that you can easily get dizzy and lose your way. It’s quite understandable for one carried away with emotions. You will never forget a day spent in Greenwich.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к тексту Shopping in London. В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. This text is about shopping in London. John speaks about his favourite places for shopping. He also tells us about Greenwich which is a world heritage site.
3. He enjoys hunting for a bargain in the sales, buying something new on a Saturday night. He sometimes spend hours just wandering around a market with his friends.
4. You can have a walk round the market and shops there. There’s also the park, the ‘Cutty Sark’, the meridian line and the old observatory so much to do.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на текст Shopping in London?
Опубликовано: Июль 5, 2016
Редактировалось: Июль 5, 2016