В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к текстам для чтения на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем текст из пятого билета Unknown Arthur Conan Doyle.
Вопросы к тексту Unknown Arthur Conan Doyle
1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. Conan Doyle had many talents. Read aloud the extract which says about it.
3. How did his writing talent developed?
4. Which facts prove that Conan Doyle took an active part in social life?
Варианты ответов к тексту Unknown Arthur Conan Doyle
1. I like reading detective stories and I happy to say that the text is about Arthur Conan Doyle, the famous detective writer. The text itself is a brief account of his life. By reading it we find out about his literary career and his involvement into social life.
2. Like the great detective Sherlock Holmes, Conan Doyle also had many wonderful talents. Many people do not know that he wrote many other kinds of books: science fiction, historical adventures, horror stories and stories of the supernatural. He also wrote factual books on history and politics. In everything he did, he showed his incredible creative energy.
3. Being a schoolboy Conan Doyle amused his schoolmates with stories that he had made up. Having graduated from Edinburgh University as a doctor, Doyle made use of his free time by writing stories. I think he was not particularly successful in a medical sphere, like Dr. Watson, so he turned to writing detective stories.
4. Some people say that Conan Doyle was successful in improving the law system. He worked very hard to help people who were sent to prison, but hadn’t committed any crime. He tried to become a member of Parliament, though he failed to do so. He didn’t take it too seriously and went on to fool archaeologists by claiming to have found a bone which resembled those of primitive men. Of course, it was a fake.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к тексту Unknown Arthur Conan Doyle. В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. This text is about Arthur Conan Doyle, his life and how he started writing.
3. After graduation from university he had medical practice in London, but he did not have many patients, so he made good use of his free time by writing stories.
4.When a young man, he sailed as a ship’s doctor to the Arctic and West Africa. When the Boer War started, he volunteered to fight. He tried to enter Parliament, but it wasn’t successful.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на текст Unknown Arthur Conan Doyle?