Закрепите свои знания о фразовом глаголе KEEP вместе с Virginia Evans FCE Use of English 2. Выучите предлагаемые глаголы и выполните упражнения к ним. С теоретической частью вопроса можно ознакомиться здесь.
Упражнение на фразовый глагол KEEP
1. If you keep [at] it long enough you’ll succeed.
2. He was keeping [back] something and we decided to keep an eye on him.
3. It’s a good idea to keep [in with] your colleagues. They may come in handy one day.
4. It was hard to keep [from] giving up trying. The situation seemed to be totally helpless.
5. You should try and keep [down] the situation until it is late.
6. He was a complete novice but he tried to keep [up with] the rest.
7. If I were you I would keep [away from] his risky operations.
8. Unless you keep her [off], you will get into trouble.
9. He warned me to keep [back] and not to interfere with the police investigation.
10. It a good idea to keep your child [from] most temptations of the modern world.
11. He kept [on] working though very few people believed that it would be successful.
12. She wanted to leave the room with the rest of the class but the teacher kept her [behind].